Under Eurasian Patent Organization (EAPO) applicants are provided with the possibility to file a single application which will be resulted in patent valid in up to 8 jurisdictions at a time, namely: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan.
How it works in general
- At the filing, an applicant submits only one application for the invention with EAPO.
- The possibility of direct filing as well as entering EAPO under PCT procedure is prescribed.
- The whole consideration and registration process, as well as IP Office-applicant communication, goes with one IP Office, namely EAPO.
- At the maintenance, there is provided the possibility to choose exactly those jurisdictions, in which the applicant is interested to keep the patent valid.
What should be kept in mind
- The language of EAPO is Russian. Respectively, the applicant is obliged to provide the Office with the Russian translation of the application documents as well as the communication is carried out in Russian.
- The patent holder is choosing jurisdictions only once (after the granting of the patent and upon its first maintenance) and is not provided with the right to add jurisdictions in course of further patent maintenance.
For an easy understanding of the entire registration process, we have prepared an infographic for you below.
If there are still questions to be answered or you become interested in the patent application filing with EAPO, simply contact us at email@example.com