On December 3, Mariya Ortynska, IPSTYLE managing partner, trademark and patent attorney and attorney-at-law, once again gave a lecture at the First School of Franchising.
At a lecture titled "Trademarks - The Core of franchising. How to Register to Achieve a Competitive Advantage," Mariya shared her experience and information on the following issues:
- What benefits does a registered trademark provide to a business and why is a TM the core of a franchise?
- What should be registered as a TM
- National and international registration of TM: features and procedure
- How to properly register the relationship between co-owners of TM, so as not to lose the brand
- How a business should protect its designs and innovations to maximize profits
First School of Franchising is an educational project for entrepreneurs in which participants learn the processes from an understanding of franchising to the creation and implementation of a franchise strategy in their company, as well as building relationships with their franchisees in Ukraine and in international markets. Among the graduates of the school are Rozetka, Sinevo, G.bar, Agromat, WineTime and more than two hundred other Ukrainian brands.