On December 8, Mariya Ortynska, IPSTYLE managing partner, trademark and patent attorney and attorney-at-law, held an online lecture for law students of the National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy
At the lecture "IP Lawyer of the Future" Maria spoke about:
- The transformation of the legal profession, the future of the IP lawyer and patent attorney
- Impact of AI, VR, AR and other aspects of intellectual property on IP lawyer profile
- Dispute resolution on marketplaces and platforms
- Impact of environmental trends on Intellectual Property and Innovation Development
- Soft skills you need to develop today to be successful tomorrow
- Books, podcasts, courses, and second/third degrees that will broaden the horizons and help find your way in a career as an IP lawyer.
Students actively participated in the discussion, sharing their thoughts and asking very interesting questions, in particular:
- Is the IP lawyer of the future a human or a machine, and will artificial intelligence replace lawyers?
- What will be the impact of UNESCO recommendations on the recognition of artificial intelligence as an inventor?
- Who is responsible for damages caused by artificial intelligence: the developer or the owner of the AI system?