What we need to know about Patenting of Industrial designs in Ukraine?
Oceń ten artykuł
Ukraine is a member of Paris Convention (1883), Hague Agreement (1960), Locarno Agreement (1968). Patent on an industrial design can be obtained by author of industrial design, employer of the author, successors of the author or author's employer and other natural persons or legal entities who obtained this right according to the contract. The object of the industrial design may be: the shape, picture, or coloration, or their combination, which define the appearance of an industrial product. The object of the industrial design can not be:
- objects of architecture (except small architectural forms), industrial, hydrotechnical, and other stationary structures;
- printed products per se;
- objects of an unstable form of liquid, gaseous, free-flowing, or like substances, etc.
- The standard patenting term is 7-9 months;
- Accelerated patenting term is 2-3 months.
- the filing an application;
- formal examination;
- publication and registration of the patent;
- granting of patent.
- name and address of the author;
- name and address of the applicant (if applicant is not author);
- set of images of the product (the product proper or in the form of its mock-up or drawings), which provide a full notion of its appearance;
- description of industrial design;
- drawing, diagram, map (if it is necessery for explanation of the industrial design).