Patenting of invention (Utility model)Patenting of your technical solution is legal way protect your rights. Claimed solution should meet following criteria to grant patent for invention: novelty, inventive step and industrial applicability. Device, system, method or process can be patented as invention.
Returning to utility model it should be new and industrially applicable. Consider, that only device can be registered as utility model in Russian Federation.
There are two options of filing application for patent:
- filing an direct application in Russian Patent Office. Also you are able to claim priority under the Paris Convention. This option is possible within 12 months from the national application.
- entering into the national phase of PCT within 31 month.
The applicant may be a legal entity or individual.
IPStyle can accompany you with full patenting service:
Note, since October 2014, accorning to legal changes in Russian Federation, a utility model passes novelty examination.
The following documents and information are required for granting patent:
- name and address of inventor;
- name and address of applicant (if applicant is not inventor);
- description of invention or utility model;
- claim of invention or utility model;
- drawing (if it is necessary for explanation of invention or utility model).
The approximate time of obtaining patent for utility model starting from 1 year, for invention from 1,5 year.
The validity of a patent for an invention is 20 years from the filing date.
For inventions that require a permit which are related to medicine, pesticide or agrochemical term can be extended for not more than 5 years.
The validity of the patent for utility model - 10 years from the filing date. The validity can not be extended.
Our company provides services on patenting in Ukraine, Belarus and Kazakhstan. We can assist you in obtaining Eurasian patent as well.