Food industry is one of the leading areas in Ukraine. Around 15% of the total annual industrial production of the Ukraine is from the food sector. Food production is a key part of Ukrainian export policy. The food industry exports products such as cheese, dairy, sweets, etc. to Europe.
Due to the fact that Ukraine actively produces food products and is in the list of leading food exporting countries, the issues of IP rights protection require special attention.
The food industry sector is made up of a very wide range of operations, from multi-national corporations operating in the global market to independent sole traders. For that reason it is important to establish and maintain a profitable market share in their sphere of operation.
IPStyle specialists offer the following services as to IP rights protection in the area of food industry:
- patent searches for novelty and Freedom to Operate (FTO) search;
- inventions, utility models patenting;
- preliminary search, analysis and registration of trademark;
- analysis of advertising materials for compliance with Ukrainian legislation;
- analysis of product package design for compliance with the legislation requirements (concerning consumer rights protection, unfair competition)
- preliminary analysis and registration of trademarks, industrial designs;
- recognizing trademark as well-known (legal/administrative procedure);
- registration of a trademark to the Customs Intellectual Property Register;
- documentary registration of confidential information;
- providing written consultations on the protection in food industry;
- representation of interests in cases of unfair competition;
- representation client’s before authorities;
- representation client’s interests in courts;
- other services, depending on your individual situation and request.