08 DEC 2016
The Meeting with US IP lawyer Leo Gureff was held by UBAOn December 7, the Session of UBA ICT Committee (On Telecom, IT & Internet Law ) took place. Mariya Ortynska, IPStyle Director, and welcomed guest, lawyer at MG-IP, Leo Gureff spoke on business peculiarities and practice of IP protection in USA.
On the agenda were the following issues:
- The specifics of the Western market, and the risks of mistakes when entering the Western market;
- What and how to protect first of all, where to start the company (what state) and why;
- The nuances of registration and protection of Intellectual Property in the US, mistakes and their prevention;
- Interaction with employees, consultants and advisors in the US market;
- How to build a legal and contractual relationship with people who help with business development;
- Aspects and licensing policy for products based on "intellect" (intellectual property);
- Licensing and distributorship of products in the US market.