02 MAR 2016
Mariya Ortynska became a member of UBA working group On Development of Amendments as to Domain Name Disputes Effective SettlementOn February 24, Ukrainian Bar Association (UBA) organized the Constitutive Meeting of the working group On Development of Amendments as to Domain Name Disputes Effective Settlement. It was initiated by UBA Committee on Telecom, IT & Internet Law jointly with Committees on IP Law of UBA and Ukrainian Attorneys-at-Law Association.
- mechanism of full information disclosure about registrant (including full name and individual address) under pre-trial procedure (Illustrative Disclosure Framework implementing);
- pre-trial restrictions (prohibition of actions) in domain name disputes;
- ways of improvement of court protection of rights in domain name disputes;
- perspectives of implementation of alternative ways of domain disputes consideration - own arbitration or URDP.
The working group was composed of partners and directors of law firms, scientists. During the meeting they presented their own propositions related to improvement of domain name disputes settlement procedure which were brought up for discussion.
Attorney-at-Law, Trademark and Patent Attorney Mariya Ortynska also developed her propositions which were considered on meeting by the working group. She stated the main issue of effective domain disputes resolution and IP rights protection is access to information of WHOIS.
- WHOIS information providing concerning infringement of rights to IP objects on request of IP rights owners.
- Public access to WHOIS.